Where does our money go?
We invited Heather Mortiboys from the University of Sheffield to talk to us in September about her ‘Repositioning of Drugs’ project, which we have helped fund since 2014. Those of you who met her at our Research Night in September were amazed by her work and here is a YouTube clip of Heather explaining her findings.
Don’t forget, every penny we raise goes to projects like Heather’s or to support people with Parkinson’s.
What are our plans for 2018?
- SLYPN is going to continue supporting our members, fundraise for a cure and campaign with our local MPs, Spotlight and Parkinson’s UK in raising awareness and increasing knowledge of young onset Parkinson’s.
- SLYPN is going to continue being a very active member of the Young Parkinson’s Alliance as we need to:
- To identify the needs and support for those living with young onset Parkinson’s.
- To improve post diagnosis treatment and include emotional support as well as support for families.
- To recognise and increase understanding of the needs of people with young onset Parkinson’s.
- To develop quality services and support for people with young onset Parkinson’s.
- To develop a long term plan for young onset Parkinson’s, as we live with the condition for many years and medication can become complicated.
- To increase awareness of living with young onset Parkinson’s.
Popping for Parkinson’s is hoping to go to the World’s Hip Hop Convention in Italy on July 13, 2018!
Many thanks and best wishes for the New Year,